Research and Development (R&D)
COMStar Computing Technology Institute (COMStar Institute) advances the state of the art in many both computer science and application disciplines. COMStar R&D focuses on the latest computing technologies for multidisciplinary research and development that enables the exploration in application areas.
COMStar Institute collaborates with the world-class scientific researchers, institutions, and computer scientists to shape the future of computing technologies for related application fields. Our collaborations help us develop technologies and solutions to help solve some of the most urgent challenges.
Currently we have two labs, Big Data Lab, VR Lab, and Imaging & Vis Lab, with a focus on Big Data and Virtual Reality (VR) research and technology commercialization.
Our current research areas are categorized as follows:
- Big Data Computing
- Machine Learning
- Multi-processor/core architectures
- Wearable Computing
- Internet of the Things (IoT)
- Bioinformatics, Precision Medicine
- Driverless Car / Self-driving Car Technology
- GPU & GPGPU Computing
- High-performance Computing
- Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality (AR)
- Real-time 3D Graphics and Stereo
- Scientific Visualization and Imaging
- Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
- Real-time Embedded Systems
- Geospatial Computing
- LiDAR, GIS, GPS, Remote Sensing
- Smart Digital City
- Structural Health Monitoring (SHM)